| Main > Humanities > Drugs >|
- Opium Poppy - Botanical.com - http://www.botanical.com/botanical/mgmh/p/popwhi64.html
A page about the white opium poppy (Papaver Somniferum): description, constituents, medical action and uses, preparations, antidotes, cutivation.
- Opium Poppy - Lycaeum.org - http://leda.lycaeum.org/Taxonomy/Papaver_somniferum.404.shtml
Online resources about the opium poppy (Papaver Somniferum): chemicals, preparations, documents, links, images, trip reports.
- Hall of Opium - http://www.goldentrianglepark.org/
The "Golden Triangle Park". An new Opium Museum in the North of Thailand, under Royal partronage. The website is a virtual exhibition of the Hall of Opium.
- Opium Poppy - Purdue University - http://www.hort.purdue.edu/newcrop/duke_energy/Papaver_somniferum.html
Info about the opium poppy (Papaver Somniferum): uses, folk medecine, chemistry, description, distribution, ecology, cultivation, harvesting, economics, biotic factors... From "The Handbook of Energy Crops", by J. A. Duke, 1983, unpublished.
- Poppies.org - http://www.poppies.org/
News, forum, links related to opium poppies (Papaver Somniferum) and opium poppy cultivation.
- Opium Poppy - Erowid.org - http://www.erowid.org/plants/poppy/
Information about the opium poppy (Papaver Somniferum): description, cultivation, history, articles, experiences, books.
- The Opium Kings - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/heroin/
"Adrian Cowell's 30 years chronicle of Burma's Heroine trade and the rise of warlord Khun Sa." Comprehensive information about Heroine in general (Heroine trade, effects of Heroine).
- Cultivation of Opium in India - http://www.ieo.org/opm_mass.html
"Opium for the Masses": an article and a few photos on the cultivation of opium in India.
- Future Opioids - http://opioids.com/
Opioids: past, present and future...
- The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade - http://www.lycaeum.org/drugwar/DARKALLIANCE/ciaheron.html
Interview with Alfred McCoy, professor of Southeast Asian History at the University of Wisconsin, Madison; author of 'The Politics of Heroin: CIA Complicity in the Global Drug Trade'.